How to find us Email Us
About Lawson Bowling Club

lbc2.jpg
Welcome to Lawson Bowling Club.
Formerly a water tank for steam trains.
Our Club is situated in the beautiful Blue Mountains.
Browse through our site to see what we offer in our friendly and popular Club.
the Chinese Restaurant has an excellent reputation.
Our Function room is used for birthdays, weddings, seminars etc.
We are close to railway, bus, taxi and township and have free parking.

Looking forward to seeing you!


How to find us

Lawson Bowling Club

2 Loftus St, Lawson 2783
Australia


History

In the beginning...

Shire Council approached regarding forming of a bowling club. Play commenced in 1923, with official opening 5th of May 1924.

First club house built in 1950 and green was extended to what it is today.

Building extensions took place in 1956 and water irrigation was installed.

Today...

Hilda Gardens are rezoned by council in 1969 with first plans submitted 1st of July 1970 and conversion of the "old water tank" to the new club house started.

Official opening 30th of June 1973.
1986 saw the extension of the new club house and in 1995 an extensive renovation took place. In December 2004 the opening of a new restaurant/lounge and additional amenities were completed. Outdoor smoking area and barbeque area is in progress for completion in 2009.

The clubhouse has retained the original shape of the round water tank from which it was originally conceived.

H.W. Winterburn Esq.
Founder of Lawson Bowling Club, 1946


Hilda Gardens

Old Water Tank.

Lawson Bowling Club under Construction.

 


www.lawsonbc.com.au | info@lawsonbc.com.au
2 Loftus St Lawson NSW 2783 | Ph: 02 4759 1417 Fax: 02 4759 1564

Clubs NSW